We are looking for a handful of Brand Ambassadors for each event who will help us spread the word about The NotWedding on the ground in their city and will work behind-the-scenes with us at the actual event. We are currently accepting Brand Ambassadors for Atlanta, Charleston, Athens Ga, New York City, Columbia SC, Nashville, Wichita, Kansas City, Cape Cod, Boston, Portland Maine, Philadelphia, Savannah, Greenville, Birmingham, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Orlando and San Diego. We will keep all applications on file and will only contact you if there is a space available in your city’s upcoming event.
A Brand Ambassador will be someone who is outgoing, well-connected and creative, and they would ideally be interested in the field of marketing/advertising and/or event planning. Unfortunately, we are not currently accepting wedding vendors as brand ambassadors out of respect for those vendors participating in the event. If you are a wedding vendor who wants to join us, we ask that you instead apply here! The goal of the Brand Ambassador program is to provide a resume-building opportunity that allows for some fun and creativity while also being an effective grassroots marketing tool for The NotWedding.
The NotWedding chooses three Brand Ambassadors per event from those who apply online (below). Once chosen, they will also receive a link to a website with marketing tools and strategies, and a “bingo board” they can check off as they complete the tasks below.
The Brand Ambassadors must complete the five tasks below during the program:
1. Provide Social Media Support. This involves a minimum of three posts on either your Facebook, Twitter or blog, but we also encourage further support via Pinterest repins, retweets, Facebook shares, etc.
2. Speak about The NotWedding at a social event. This can be a sorority chapter, a campus ministry or organization’s meeting, a marriage counseling class, etc. We ask that you schedule a time to make a quick presentation about The NotWedding and to hand out marketing collateral to anyone interested.
3. Distribute 10 promotional fliers. These digital files can be emailed or posted or even printed and hung in coffee shops, college buildings, boutiques, etc.
4. Get 5 brides or grooms in the door via Golden Tickets. You will personally connect with and invite five engaged people to the event, and you will give them a free ticket (with a unique tracking code) that they will use for admission.
5. Work at The NotWedding event. You will join us at the event to help with set-up tasks, running registration and manning the Tunnel of Love. You’ll get to see the behind-the-scenes of what it takes to make these events happen!
Upon completion of the five tasks above, the Brand Ambassador will receive a letter of recommendation that they can use for their portfolio, resume or future job applications. You will also receive a NotWedding tshirt and a $75 cash stipend for helping on the day of the event.
Interested in joining the party? Apply below!